The dignified career of Olympic Winner MO’ Farah
Mohamed Mukhtar Jama also known as “MO” Farah is a 33 years old distance runner representing Great Britian also known as The United Kingdom in the 2016 Rio Olympics. He is one of the fastest long range runners in modern world as he can compete over 5000 to 10000 metres when in the running field.He had also represented his country at 2012 Summer Olympics and 2015 World Championship.He has won a gold medal In this year’s Olympics in 10,000m race despite falling badly during the race.
He is one of the most gifted athletes in the world who is blessed with the best figure for a professional runner and the perfect stamina. He has gone a long way throughout his entire career and won a number of championships in his glorious career.
Some of his accomplishments are as below:
- The winner of 2013 World Championship in Athletics
- The winner of 2013 European Athletics Championship.Image Source:
- He is just the second athlete to win Gold medals both in World Championship and Olympics consecutively.Image Source:
Winner of 5000m and 10,000 meters gold medal in 2012 Olympics.Image source: Early life
Mohammad Farah was born on 23 March 1983 in Somalia. He came to England without knowing a single word of English when he was of 8 to join his father who was a British citizen. He was a born athlete a perfect athletic specimen. His athletic abilities were identified by his physical education teacher. He wanted to become mechanic or to play for Arsenal football club as a winger.
- He started competing and developed sport as a serious profession. In the beginning, he was finding it difficult to find his rhythm and due to this reason he stood 9th in the English School Cross Country race. That failure turned the course of his career and at last, he found the running sensation buried in him. He went on to win the five titles in his academic career nut that was just the beginning for that champion. He went on grasping the heights of success step by step and he made his way to the Gold medal at European Athletic Juniors Championship at the age of 18.He won Silver at the European Championship 5000m race. Later that year he was the winner of 2006 country Championship in Italy.
A disappointing start of 2007 where he was at 6th position at World Championship in Osaka, the 2008 Beijing Olympics was also a disappointment for this young man but these disappointments only paved his way to glory.
He was improving day by day, he was defying human limits reaching the peaks of amazing athletic form. His hard work leads him to the silver medal at 2009 European Cross Country Championship.
2010 proved to be the deciding year of his career as his performance was phenomenal throughout the career. He went on winning London 10,000 and then went on further to win European Cup in the same distance.
His fame spread like the wild fire of forest and was soon recognizes as the greatest long distance runners in the modern world.
Then there came 2012 the year that made him the greatest long-range runners of all time as he won two gold medals in Olympics and became a national hero overnight. His rise to glory was there.
Later in his career, he was accused of doping but no one could prove the charges.
His running style is considered one of the best styles as it gives him a tactical advantage over his opponents.
He has a unique signature pose.
- Apart from these he has a long list of Awards that were given to him in recognition to his performance:
- Four-time winner of British Athletic Writers Association award 2006,2010,2011,2013
- Best senior athlete 2010.
- London games Hall of fame 2010.
- 3rd place in BBC Sports Person of 2011.
- Winner of 2013 Olympic athlete of the year.
- World Record holder of the 2-mile run, Birmingham.
He is recognized as the greatest long-range runners in history because of his endless achievements in this field. All his medals, title sand awards support his claim. He is like a star that passes through a galaxy once in million years.
Here is an inspirational video featuring this great athlete on discussing his Olympic victory in 2012 Olympics and on being a Muslim to win medals.